HOWTO: Add the Red Calendar to Android
Phones and tablets
If you have a non-Apple device, chances are it runs the Android operating system. If this is the case, you have a Google account (likely with a Gmail address). You could also have a Google account through your company's Google Apps. You can add the Red Calendar to your Google account and therefore your Android device, either a phone or tablet, such as a Galaxy S or Nexus. Here are some options:
- Web browser app
- Calendar app
Web Browser App
Perhaps the easiest way to view the Red Calendar online is to use a web browser app. Any web browser app you might have installed should work, though we'll use Chrome in this example. Though easy to access, the calendar might be difficult to view and navigate in this format as it is not optimized for mobile devices.
Note: If you are reading this article on a mobile device, skip to step 4 and tap the link in the step itself.
- Open Chrome.
- Enter 'hoxie.org' (without the quotes) in the address bar (at the top of your screen) and then tap "Go" on the keyboard.
- Tap "Extra" in the upper right hand corner of the screen. A menu will appear.
- Scroll down, if necessary, to find the Red Calendar link and tap it.
A new browser tab will open and display the Red Calendar.
Android has many third party calendar apps. We will use the built-in calendar app, Calendar, for these instructions. These instructions assume you have a Google Account. In order to see the Red Calendar on your phone, you will first need to subscribe to it through your Google Account web calendar interface.
Note: If you are reading this article on your computer, skip to step 1.3.
- Enter 'hoxie.org' (without the quotes) in the address bar (at the top of the browser window) and then press the Enter key.
- Navigate back to this article.
- Select this link and select "+GoogleCalendar" at the bottom of the browser.
- Select "Add" in the "Add Calendar" window.
You should now see the Red Calendar events populate your calendar both in your web browser and on your mobile device. If you do not see the Red Calendar events on your mobile device, try the following.
- On your mobile device, open Calendar.
- In the upper right corner, tap on the three vertical dots to open the menu.
- Tap "Refresh".
We hope you have found this article helpful. If you are still having trouble, please leave feedback below and we will ammend the article with tips!