Annual Hoxie 3-on-3 Basketball Tournament Scheduled
Rules and entry form below
By Hoyt, Shelly
March 05, 2013
Date: Saturday, April 20th, 2013 Boys and Girls Grades K-12th
Location: Hoxie High School & Hoxie Middle School Gyms – 1100 Queen Ave., Hoxie
Age Divisions: Boys and Girls-separate divisions. K-2nd (lower goals), 3rd&4th, 5th&6th, 7th&8th, 9th-12th
Entry Fee: $10.00 per player, 3 players only. Deadline for entry forms and money are due Monday, April 15th. Checks made payable to: Hoxie Indian Basketball.
Admissions: $1.00 per person (players excluded). Age 5 and under are free.
Registration: Please register ½ hour before your first scheduled game.
Concessions: will be available throughout the day at both locations.
Awards: T-shirts and medals will be awarded to 1st place winners of youth divisions. Medals will be awarded to 2nd place winners of youth divisions. T-shirts will be awarded to 1st place of high school division.
- Games will be played for 12 minutes or a 25-point spread, whichever comes first.
- 1 point per basket, 3-point range is worth 2 points.
- Official time-out only for injury.
- 5 fouls per team. Any foul after the 5th, the opposing team is awarded a point and the ball. In OT fouls do not carry over. After the 2nd team foul a point will be awarded.
- No free throws. The ball changes possession.
- Checking is required on a made basket. You must take the ball back to the 3-point line on every change of possession (even on air balls and steals).
- Overtime-flip coin to determine possession-7th-HS division. 1st basket wins. K-2nd, 3rd & 4th, 5th & 6th division-all three players will shoot a FT; team with most makes wins game.
- No coaches. Players should dress alike.
- There will be a 2-minute break between games. Lateness will forfeit game. Be ready to play.
- Unsportsmanlike conduct will result in forfeit of all games.
For more information, please call Scott Hoyt at 785-657-7034(cell), Marlin Beougher at 785-657-1283, Shelly Hoyt 785-675-1938 or 785-675-3286 (days) or email email@example.com.
Hoxie Indians Basketball